FULL MANAGEMENT SERVICE (Student) : Commission 10% (No VAT)
An initial set up fee is payable at the start of the tenancy and is charged at 1 and a half Weeks Rent or £230.00 (No Vat) whichever is the greater, or a one week fee due to my property having more than 4 bedrooms.
This fee is payable for the advertising of your property, the full and comprehensive inventory we complete for you, the legal documents and tenancy registration.
Once you have given us written permission we will:
- Place your property on the rental market by undertaking our marketing campaign.
- Accompany all prospective tenants to view your property.
- Carry out the reference checks as we have discussed and outlined in this booklet.
- Prepare a full and detailed inventory report on the condition and contents of the property including the garden areas and any out buildings.
- Take the meter readings prior to the tenants taking occupation.
- Draw up your initial fixed term tenancy agreement.
- Collect the first month’s rent and sign the tenancy agreement with your new tenant(s).
- Collect a ‘BOND’ which will be equivalent to one month’s rent plus £100.00.
- Register the Tenant(s) deposit within the required thirty day period with our chosen scheme. A fee of £40 is applicable.
- Collect the rent from the Tenant(s) on a monthly basis and pay you by bank transfer into your chosen bank account along with an account statement.
- We will transfer the Council Tax, Water Rates, Gas & Electricity into the name of the tenant(s) for the purposes of the DCWW.
- Carry out routine inspections at your property and provide you with a written report thereafter.
- Deal with the Tenant(s) throughout the tenancy for any tenancy queries.
- Deal with any reported breakdown/repairs that are reported to us by the tenant(s). Our Property manager will liaise with yourself, the Tenant(s) and your preferred tradesman to get the repairs addressed as soon as possible.
- Carry out the Final Inspection at your property when your Tenant(s) vacate. We will use the ingoing inventory report and our routine inspection reports to assist this final check on the particular tenancy. If there is damage, breakages or if the property requires cleaning then we will arrange for the necessary repairs or cleaning to be carried out and charges will be deducted from the bond held (fair wear and tear has to be accepted) once agreed by both the landlord and Tenant(s). If both Landlord and tenant do not agree to potential deductions, the amount of the bond in question will be dealt with using the DPS procedure that has to be followed and the ‘undisputed’ amount returned to the Tenant or sent on to you, the Landlord, whichever is applicable.
Please note that you will still be required to register as a landlord but you will not need to be licensed if you take out our Fully Managed Serviced.